Reading Safari


Our class is on a Reading Safari! The students are allowed an opportunity to sign out a story kit from Thursday through Monday. Included in the kit is a book, a themed manipulative, and a journal. The students are asked to take an A.R. test upon return of the bag. In addition, they are to write a journal response to the book.
Students and families, you have had a chance to take a trip or two on our Reading Safari. Please share your thoughts on this activity. I would also like to know which book you have recently borrowed and share with us your feelings about this book.




9 Response to "Reading Safari"

  1. Mrs. Aspinwall Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 7:49 AM

    This sounds very interesting. I love your blog page. It is so cute. I am impressed. I know your students are enjoying the reading safari.

  2. Mrs. Nicholson says:
    August 31, 2009 at 8:33 AM

    Yes they are! I can not wait to read their thoughts!

  3. kamora Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 11:06 AM

    I took the book The Doorbell Rang. i like the part when the kids ate the cookies

  4. isaiah Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM

    My book was Don't Bite the Teacher.
    I like wen sammy bits stuff.
    I don't like wen he lide to his mom.

  5. sache' Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM

    Sache'
    I had the book If you give a mouse a cookie.
    I had fun with the book.I read the book to my sister and bother at home.

  6. cody Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 11:34 AM

    Cody
    I read The Rainbow Fish.
    The fish was cute
    The fish colorful.

  7. India Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM

    Me and boomer played with the kids in the daycare. My book was Boomer Goes To School. It was cool.

  8. Izabelle Says:
    August 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM

    I like the story Brave lion Scared lion . Jake liked to show off and Jasper scared and shy . And they had a cool water hole . by Izabelle.

  9. Serenity Says:
    September 18, 2009 at 6:22 PM

    I read Boomer Goes To School. Boomer met second grade it was fun for him. It was very very fun for Boomer.

Post a Comment